This week in the HLS summer reading program, we are exploring fantasy stories.
Read It Came in the Mail by Ben Clanton.
Pull out your wizard hat and magic wand. We are going to make a magic potion.
Here is Professor Ella’s Potions Class.
If you want to create hippogriff toothpaste on your own, here are the directions.
You will need:
- Warm water
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Flask of plastic bottle with a long neck
- Food coloring
- Dish soap
- A tray (to catch the foam)
- A small cup (for mixing)
- Paper towels (for spills)
Set all supplies out. This can be messy so you might want to do it outside or use a plastic sheet to keep things clean.
- Pour 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide into the flask.
- Add a squirt of dish soap to the flask and swish around.
- In the cup, mix 1 tbsp of yeast and 2 tbsps of warm water.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flask.
Check out another video about the science of how this works.